Wondering how much a web developer earns? We’ve created an in-depth guide to the web developer salary in the US based on data from PayScale, Glassdoor, ZipRecruiter, and Indeed.com. This roundup will help you to make a competitive salary off when hiring a web developer. Take a look!
In this article, we’re going to cover the following topics:
- What is a web developer and what does a web developer do?
- Average web developer salary
- Web developer starting salary
- Entry-level web developer salary
- Junior web developer salary
- Senior web developer salary
- Freelance web developer salary
- Web developer salary NYC
What is a web developer and what does a web developer do?
Let’s start with the most straightforward definition possible – a web developer creates web-based applications. Most web developers are focused on either the back end of a web app (databases, applications, servers) or on the front end (interfaces, the visual side). Some web developers cover all of these aspects. These are known as full-stack developers. This variety makes web development a quite broad field. A developer may be responsible for the backbone of a web application, its user-facing side or both of them. Read More