Die Einstellung von Datenwissenschaftlern war vor einem Jahrzehnt vielleicht nicht so populär, aber jetzt ist sie es sicher. Aufgrund der steigenden Bedeutung großer Daten wurden Datenwissenschaftler sehr begehrt. Tatsächlich ist ihre Fähigkeit, komplexe Probleme zu lösen und Schlussfolgerungen aus den verfügbaren Datensätzen zu ziehen, für viele Unternehmen, die nach neuen Wegen zur Gewinnerzielung suchen, von entscheidender Bedeutung.
Gleichzeitig kann es für viele Unternehmen eine Herausforderung sein, Datenwissenschaftlern bei wichtigen Entscheidungen zu vertrauen. Genau aus diesem Grund sollten Sie die richtige Person sorgfältig auswählen. Da die Nachfrage jedoch steigt, könnte es bald schwierig werden, Spitzentalente anzuziehen. Da dies oft Gegenstand von Verhandlungen mit Kandidaten ist, sollten Sie sich mit einem durchschnittlichen Gehalt als Datenwissenschaftler vertraut machen, um sicherzugehen, dass Sie die beste Person für den Job an Land ziehen.
In general, the data scientist salary depends on several factors:
- Erleben Sie
- Job title/position
- Company size
- Education & additional skills
To give you an overview of the subject, we’ve put together a comparison based on data scientist average salary data across the US from PayScale, Glassdoor, ZipRecruiter, and Indeed. Let’s dive in.
Average data scientist salary
Laut Lohnskala, the average data scientist salary in the US ranges from $65,000 to $134,00 with an average of $95,987 (at the time of the publication). The median hourly rate, on the other hand, amounts to $35.25.
Currency: USD | Updated: 25 Sep 2019 | Individuals Reporting: 8,067
The data scientist average salary reported by Glastür is $117,345 per year.
Currency: USD | Updated: 4 Nov 2019 | Individuals Reporting: 4,354
Das Diagramm von ZipRecruiter clearly indicates that the upward trend continues, as the average annual pay for a data scientist equals $118,042 a year.
Currency: USD | Updated: 29 Oct 2019 | Individual data sources: –
The data collected by Indeed.com is slightly different than usual, though. The average salary that can be found on the platform tends to be the highest, but this time data scientists are said to earn “only” $112,957 a year on average. This number is also based on comparatively little salary data, in comparison with other sources.
As already mentioned, these differences stem from a number of factors: the source itself, as well as the experience of the candidates, their location or knowledge, and the skills required for the specific position. How exactly does each of these factors affect the data scientist average salary?
Experience: entry-level vs senior data scientist salary
It should come as no surprise that average pay changes with the level of experience. As reported by Lohnskala, an entry-level data scientist salary (with less than 1 year of experience) equals $85,614 on average. Data scientists with 1-4 years of experience, on the other hand, can expect an average total compensation of $94,028, while 5-9 years of experience means earning $120,487 on average. The average senior data scientist salary, though, exceeds $134,000.
Data Scientist Salary San Francisco
Location is one of the biggest factors that affect data scientist salary. In fact, average salaries differ significantly within the US. In certain areas, data scientists earn much more than the national average. Take the average data scientist salary in San Francisco, for example, which is 25.7% higher than the national average. The pay is also higher in Seattle (by 12.1%, to be exact), and Boston (5.0%). The average data scientist salary in NYC can also be quite impressive. On the other hand, the lowest salaries reported by Lohnskala can be found in Chicago (8.8% lower) and Washington (7.2% lower).
Andere Faktoren, die das Gehalt erhöhen
The impact that the level of experience and location have on average salaries can’t be ignored, but there are other factors that count too. Before taking a closer look at the additional skills that are likely to increase the average salary, it’s also worth considering specific employer requirements and their own standards. To give you some examples from popular companies:
- Average Facebook data scientist salary ranges from $120,538 on Lohnskala, to $143,860 according to Glastür, and even $154,348 as seen on In der Tat
- Average Google data scientist salary, on the other hand, is quite consistent: $139,006 on Lohnskala and $139,792 on Glastür
- At the same time, there are very few sources on the average Amazon data scientist salary. As stated by Glastür, it amounts to $122,138
Popular additional skills
- Komplexe Problemlösungsfähigkeiten
- Expertise in all phases of data science (from initial discovery through cleaning, model selection, validation, and deployment)
- Familiarity with a wide variety of data sources, including databases, public or private APIs and standard data formats, such as JSON, YAML, and XML
Nützliche zusätzliche Fähigkeiten
- Coding skills, such as R, Python, or Scala
- Ability to apply machine learning to business processes to improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- In fact, skills in machine learning and Python are correlated to pay that is above average
Data scientist responsibilities
Generally speaking, data scientists are responsible for:
- collecting large amounts of “raw” data and transforming it into a more comprehensible format
- solving business-related problems by making data-driven decisions
- looking for patterns in the available data
- spotting trends that can help a business’s bottom line
The exact tasks they perform depend mostly on their level of experience, knowledge, and skills, as well as their location and their employer’s requirements.
The demand for data scientists has been growing over the years, as increasingly more companies want to tap into the power of big data and make good use of it. The more data scientists are needed, though, the more challenging it becomes to land the best candidates with the right skills and experience. Make sure you’re ready to offer a competitive salary and screen your candidates properly.
Bevor Sie gehen
Wir haben auch noch andere großartige Ressourcen für ein Software-Entwickler-Gehalt, wie zum Beispiel