The right C# online tests to screen .NET and C# developers
Recommended roles for .NET and C# online tests
- .NET Developer
- Back-End Developer
- C# Developer
- C# .NET Developer
- Web Developer
- C# Web Developer
- Senior .NET Developer
- Junior .NET Developer
- Full Stack .NET Developer
- .NET Software Developer
- .NET Programmer
- Junior C# Developer
- Senior C# Developer
- C# Programmer
- ASP.NET Developer
How a .NET and C# online test works
Our .NET and C# test online use coding tests powered by the RealLifeTesting™ methodology. In these tests, the candidate is asked to build or add new features to an application using the languages and components of the .NET framework. Instead of having a separate C# online test and ASP.NET online test, our test lets developers use frameworks and libraries to show off their coding skills, business logic, problem-solving skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Real software development instead of academic problems
- Full-stack testing means candidates can use the libraries and tolls of the .NET framework
- These tests can be taken by candidates anytime, anywhere
- A natural work environment where the candidate can develop software, use their own IDE, clone to GIT, access Stack Overflow/Github/Google for research, and run unit tests means a better candidates experience
- Robust plagiarism controls verify the accuracy of your candidate’s skills
- Tests are evaluated automatically, producing a report that non-technical recruiters can understand.
- Tests for junior, middle, and senior developers
What to look for in a .NET and C# developer
.NET is an extensive software development framework developed by Microsoft. It provides a controlled environment where software can be developed installed and executed across the web, desktop, and mobile. Originally developed just for the windows environment, .NET Core now allows .NET application do be developed across platforms. C# is an
C# is one of the primary languages used by .NET but it is not enough to only be able to use the language. An effective .NET developer needs to be familiar with and be able to use key features of the framework like ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework, WCF, LINQ, and other resources. They should also be familiar with .NET build tools like MSBuild.
Skills covered in our .NET and C# coding tests
- .NET Framework and .NET Core
- ASP.NET MVC, WEB API, or ASP.NET Web forms web applications
- Programming web applications with requisite knowledge of the way HTTP/HTTPS protocols work
- Asynchronous programming and solving multithreading synchronization problems
- Using and understanding Entity Framework both with in-memory providers and real databases
- Communication through REST API, Windows Communication Forms
- Simple algorithmic problems that programmers encounter every day
- Implementing design patterns applied to real problems
- Taking C# to its limit to achieve truly objective programming
- Tasks divided into easy, medium, and hard problems
- Dealing with problems from real verticals like banking, retail, blogs, parsers, among others
- Programming microservices
- Understanding concepts of cryptography and the ability to apply them in real applications
- Accessing database through ADO.NET and using stored procedures in .NET.
- Using and understanding common libraries like Automapper or approaches like dependency injection.
- Fundamental concepts like exceptions handling, regular expressions, text processing, LINQ, and performance issues
Don’t see the test you want?
Do you want to give a .NET and C# online test using your own codebase? No problem. Our task wizard allows you to build your own coding test using your own resources. You can send your test to candidates anywhere in the world and see how they perform doing the task of your choosing. Finding your next .NET and C# developer is easy with a .NET and C# test online.
Want proof that our .NET/C# online tests work?
It can sometimes be difficult to know how effective something can be if you’ve never tried it. After all, our DevSkiller C# online tests are different from traditional algorithmic tests. Instead of taking our word for it, have a look at what some of our past customers have to say:
ジョナタン・ルガーン - CEO、創設者、Lingonberry Talent Acquisitionのリクルーター、Avinode Groupのエンジニアリング・マネージャー
Patrycja Kiljańska – Talent acquisition specialist at Spartez
Michael Gerwig – Ada Healthのエンジニアリング・マネージャー
How are .NET/C# online tests evaluated?
One of the main advantages of DevSkiller testing is that our .NET/C# online tests are evaluated automatically, as soon as the candidate is finished, or their time has run out.
Candidates are assessed on several contributing factors. Whether or not the solution they came up with would run (an essential factor in all software development). How their solution would perform in edge cases and the content and quality of their code. Successful candidates are those who can demonstrate their critical thinking skills and manage their time effectively, to be able to progress.
The result for our .NET/C# online tests are compiled into clear, easy to follow reports, that non-technical professionals can understand.
How do candidates take a .NET/C# online test?
To avoid hours of in-house testing, Devskiller’s .NET/C# online tests are accessed remotely and can be taken from anywhere in the world. All the recruiter has to do is send the candidate a test invite. If you prefer, recruiters can even monitor test progress in real-time so it is just like being in the same room.
The test invites can be made available for a specified amount of time so the recruiter is not kept waiting. The candidates can then start the test whenever is convenient for them within that time.
When it comes to the test itself, candidates have the option of using DevSkiller’s state of the art in-browser IDE or they can complete the project on their favorite IDE and then clone the project to GIT. During the C# online tests, if they desire to test their work as they go along, then candidates can run unit tests to make sure their solutions work the way they are supposed to.
What’s the duration of .NET/C# online tests?
The duration of our C# online tests is flexible and is really the decision of the recruiter. Each C# test comes loaded with default settings, including a default duration, but these can be easily adjusted. It is even possible to set time limits for individual questions within a test if required.
What do candidates think of DevSkiller .NET/C# online tests?
Developers’ reactions to our .NET/C# online tests are by and large, very positive. The vast majority of candidates seem to relish having the chance to prove their software development skills. On the odd occasion, a developer’s reaction is not as we would expect, we find this is usually just an initial reaction to having to take the tests. Many developers have grown wary of developer testing because in the past they have been subjected to boring algorithm tests that don’t reflect the actual development work they do. Once they see our C# online tests and that our approach to developer testing is different, then they are usually very keen to show what they can do.
Developers appreciate the fact that our C# online tests allow them to use normal coding tools and conventions like unit testing, and cloning to GIT from a personal IDE. DevSkiller testing is more accurate to the work developers are used to performing, and they appreciate the chance to prove their skills.