Or maybe is it someone who will work on hybrid mobile applications or Internet of Things devices? Core understanding of language in these cases is the same. However, each one of these developers should have different knowledge related to their work field.
– For high-level positions, commercial experience is required but for junior or even mid-level developers interesting portfolio with a well written code on one of popular repository hosting services (such as GitHub) can be just as good. Bonus points if a candidate is a contributor to Open Source projects.
You will find useful information below – it will help you maintain sanity while screening.
|Node.js package managers||NPM, Bower, JSPM|
|Node.js based task runners and build tools||グ冽, Grunt, Broccoli, Webpack|
|Hybrid mobile apps frameworks||Sencha Touch, Ionic, Apache Cordova, IntelXDK|
These are the basics. Now we can go deeper. There is a variety of tools, frameworks and libraries and each of them is different. To make things spicier, there can be large differences in tools versions. If a candidate states that they know AngularJS, is it a version of framework our client is looking for? Keep reading and everything will be clear.
– Hybrid application, Hybrid mobile application, hybrid app
– jQuery 1.x , 2.x and 3.x are similar
– Angular 1.x is totally different from Angular 2.x
– Core concept is same but there are differences between each major version of React
– Vue 1.x is totally different from Vue 2.x
– Applications written with Ember.js 1.x still work with 2.x
– Core concept is same but there are differences between each major version of Node.js
– NPM 3.x is richer version of NPM 2.x
– MV* Frameworks – If someone knows one of Ember, Knockout or Angular 1.x then will be able to deal with rest
– Hybrid mobile apps – If someone knows Angular or React then will be able to make hybrid mobile application
– Server-side applications – If someone knows Express, Hapi, Koa or Meteor then will be able to deal with rest
Resume can tell us something about developer’s skills but it won’t tell anything about developer itself. That’s why interviews via phone call or video conference are so popular – skills are important but we need to know with what kind of person are we dealing – and even more important – with what kind of person might our client’s teamwork. That’s why proper preparation before an interview is needed.
Below you will find few example questions that will tell you more about the candidate. I hope they will make searching for right candidate easier.
Q1: With which technologies listed in you CV, did you have commercial experience in past 2 years? What were your responsibilities?
Q3: I’ve noticed you listed framework X on your CV. What’s your opinion about it? Is it a good choice?
Q3を質問する理由。 These questions show us knowledge about particular technology. Uncertain and shaky answers can help us find lies in a resume. You can also play devil’s advocate based on their answers “But why not use framework Y for that?”. Thus you can see how the candidates choose a technology, justify their choices and whether his opinions are in line with your IT teams.
Why ask Q4: Answer to this question demonstrate candidates approach to learning and can help us find developers who are still using outdated knowledge acquired in past.
Q5を聞く理由。 Such a questions shows not only how a candidate makes choices regarding technology but also whether they were included in making decisions. Especially important if you are looking for someone with experience.
Why ask Q6: そのタイプの質問は、候補者が自分の判断をどのように受け止め、結論を導き、それまでの経験からどの程度の学びを得ているのかを知るのに役立ちます。
Author – Mateusz Rojecki Front-end Developer @ Coders Lab
Coders Lab (www.coderslab.pl) is the biggest coding school in Poland which is active in Warsaw, Crakow, Katowice, Wrocław, Poznań and Łódź. During six-week bootcamp students learn web development technologies: front-end or back-end. Our teaching methods focus on 4 areas: practice, work with mentor, building student’s portfolio and career support. We adjust program to current technology needs of market in order to support knowledge-based education. Over 300 students graduated bootcamps.
- 113 分以内
プログラミングタスク - レベル: ハード
プログラミングタスク - レベル。中程度
- 120 分以内
フロントエンドのプログラミングタスク - レベル。簡単
バックエンドのプログラミングタスク - レベル。簡単
Java｜請求書アプリケーション - バックエンド - 請求書データをサービスやDAOメソッドで検索・集計するバックエンド部分を実装します。