The right PHP online tests to screen PHP and web developers
Recommended roles for PHP online tests
- Full stack developer
- Web developer
- PHP developer
- WordPress developer
- Drupal Developer
- Laravel Developer
- Web Application Developer
- LAMP Developer
- Junior php developer
How our PHP online tests work
Devskiller’s range of PHP coding tests are powered by the RealLifeTesting™ methodology. In these tests, the candidates need to build or add new features to an existing piece of software using PHP and all its facets. Our range of online PHP tests let you test developers use frameworks and libraries such as Symfony, Zend Framework, Laravel Yii and many more. Use these to create a test, and grade them on skills and abilities relevant to your business – coding skills, business logic, problem-solving and deadlines.
- Genuine software development rather than academic problems
- Full-stack testing means candidates can use their comprehensive PHP skills
- These tests can be taken by candidates anytime, anywhere
- A natural work environment where the candidate can develop software, use their own IDE, clone to GIT, access Stack Overflow/Github/Google for research, and run unit tests means a better candidates experience
- Robust plagiarism controls verify the accuracy of your candidate’s skills
- Tests are evaluated automatically and instantly, producing a report that non-technical recruiters can understand.
- Tests for junior, middle, and senior developers
What to look for in a PHP developer
PHP is a script programming language used mainly in web development, content management systems, and frameworks, but can also be used in robotic applications and common line scripting. PHP is a popular programming language that was originally an acronym for ‘Personal Home Page’ and has been in use well over 20 years.
It’s important that your PHP developer is aware of its flexibility in developing web applications. Because of its versatility, it’s developed many nuances and subtleties, each developer possibly dealing with them in a different manner. Your PHP developer must not only know all these niches uses, but also be willing to change the way they work in order to work as part of your team.
Your PHP developer should have a thorough understanding of the HTTP protocol and be familiar, if not experienced with some RDBMS’ (Relational Database Management System)
Don’t see the test you want?
Do you want to give a PHP online test using your own codebase? No problem. Our task wizard allows you to build your own coding test using your own resources. You can send your test to candidates anywhere in the world and see how they perform doing a task of your choosing.