The right SQL online tests to screen SQL developers
Recommended roles for our SQL online tests
- Data analyst
- Database administrator
- SQL developer
- Database engineer
- Database specialist
- Junior SQL developer
- Middle SQL developer
- Senior SQL developer
- Data entry technician
- Data quality specialist
How our SQL online tests work
The RealLifeTesting™ methodology powers DevSkiller SQL coding tests. Our selection of coding tests will help you analyze your applicants’ knowledge of various SQL versions. In addition to that, our coding tests will help you assess applicants’ coding skills, problem-solving ability, and time management.
- DevSkiller SQL coding tests measure applicants’ coding ability and not just their academic knowledge
- Remote testing that gives you the freedom and convenience of testing candidates from all over the world
- The RealLifeTesting™ methodology creates a better user experience where candidates can use their own IDE, clone to GIT, run unit tests and access Stack Overlow/Github/Google for research
- Strict anti-plagiarism tool that ensures accurate test results
- Automatically generated results that non-tech professionals can understand
- SQL coding tests available for junior, middle, and senior-level positions
What to look for in SQL developers
SQL is the most popular 4GL (Fourth Generation Programming Language), which means that programmers only declare what the result looks like, rather than how the database should calculate the result. SQL is embedded in other, more general-purpose programming languages like Java to access data from central databases.
A qualified SQL developer should possess well-versed abilities with SQL performance. In addition to this, your successful candidate should possess SQL design skills with demonstrated knowledge of relational theory. Finally, SQL refactoring skills can prove quite useful in larger teams where the SQL is more complex.
Skills covered in our SQL online tests
Looks good, but want more?
Do you want to run coding tests in a predefined environment? Perhaps you want to test applicants using your own codebase? At DevSkiller, you can build custom tests using our online task wizard. Solve all of your technical screening needs with our SQL coding tests today.